If you follow this blog, then you already know I’m a huge fan of COOLA for all of my sunscreen needs (read Don’t Leave Home Without These Packing Musts!, July 2016 Birchbox Unboxing, May 2016 Birchbox Unboxing, and 5 Faves of 2015).
I was recently looking for a good tinted moisturizer/BB cream to take with me to Maui and COOLA® Mineral Face SPF 30 Rosilliance fit the bill! Specifically, I wanted a lightweight tinted moisturizer with some SPF that I wouldn’t mind reapplying throughout a day of sun and waves.
I love this BB cream for several reasons . . .
- It smells lightly of roses.
- A little bit of product goes a long way (good news, here, since this product is a bit on the pricier side).
- Relatedly, the formula feels so light on the skin. I use BB creams and tinted moisturizers in large part because I want something that will feel (and look) lighter than foundation. Even though it has SPF 30, it doesn’t feel greasy or heavy. It feels weightless!
- The color match was great for my skin. I was a little concerned because the only two options online were Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I have a medium skin tone, so I went with Light/Medium, which blended well both before and after I acquired a Maui tan.
- The mineral formula creates a luminous, dewy finish — a nice look in humid or tropical climates!
And, if I want a little more coverage, or a matte finish, a light dusting of setting powder does the trick.
I was really pleased with this BB cream and suspect it will get a lot of use on the weekends and this spring!
What is your favorite BB cream? Comment below.